About Malabar magic mushrooms.
The natural, active ingredients in Psilocybin Cubensis are psychedelic compounds called Psilocybin and Psilocin. Therefore, individuals using magic mushrooms experience illusions and altered or distorted states of consciousness. While effects appear within 15-45 minutes, they usually last up to four to six hours.
Even so, the strength of Malabar magic mushrooms can vary significantly from one mushroom to another.
Magic mushrooms may come either dried or as a powder. Therefore people may choose to take the mushrooms as:
- eaten raw or cooked
- drunk as tea or as a mixture with a fruit juice
- as a powder or in tablets or capsules
Using About Malabar magic mushrooms can lead to short-term mental and physical effects.
Emotions and senses may intensify, and people may feel happy and creative. Also, they may laugh or giggle a lot.
They can also cause illusions and affect people by:
- altering their sense of reality (they see and hear things that are not there)
- mixing up their senses (they believe they can see music or listen to colors)
- distorting their sense of time
Adverse mental effects of taking psychedelic compounds may or may not include the following:
- changes in mood
- anxiety and panic attacks
- confusion and disorientation
- fear or paranoia
Some people may experience the following:
- increased heart rate and blood pressure
- dry mouth, sometimes leading to nausea and vomiting
- muscle weakness and twitching, or convulsions
- exaggerated reflexes
- sweating and high body temperature, often followed by chills and shivering
- loss of urinary control
Long-term effects of “Magic Mushrooms.”
No studies have evaluated the long-term effects of the repetitive use of magic mushrooms.
Risks related to recreational use
- For some, a “bad trip” may occur, particularly at high doses. Also, these experiences may be frightening and include paranoia, boundary loss, and a distorted sense of self. Impaired judgment during these “bad trips” may lead to risk-taking behavior, traumatic injuries, and even death.
- In some instances, users may experience extreme events that induce abrupt “flashbacks,” i.e., reliving the previous experience.
- Combining magic mushrooms with substances such as cannabis and amphetamines elevates the risks of side effects.
- Individuals predisposed to or with existing psychiatric conditions may have an elevated risk of side effects.
- Short-term effects such as increased blood pressure and heart rate could harm individuals with cardiac diseases.
Studies of Psilocybin have outlined its potential to treat various conditions such as anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and problematic drug use. Also, it is essential to note that these studies administered purified active ingredients in clinically supervised settings.
Currently, there are no approved therapeutic products containing psilocybin in Canada.